HBG offers the following market research solutions for all its global and Indian clients. We work closely with you throughout the research process translating your business objectives into research questions and then implementing a research program to answer them. Our research design capabilities, quality assured data collection and analytics capabilities means that we bring you targeted, meaningful and actionable insights for your business questions.
One of our traditional strengths is the ability to reach top-level executives across different industry verticals using a highly trained team of CATI and phone-to-we interviewers. Our major offerings in this area include:
- Research on Industry Trends: Understand what top level executives in your industry think about new trends in your industry including strategic outlook, technology trends, business process changes etc.
- Technology Adoption Studies: Understand receptivity and current adoption of new technology, willingness to invest, technology shifts, obsolescence and replacement.
- Channel Partner Studies: Understand channel partnervendor preferences, evaluation of vendors on different KPIs, overall satisfaction, industry outlook, emerging business models.
- Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty: Understand overall customer satisfaction and satisfaction on different KPIs vis-à-vis competitors. Understand what attributes drive customer satisfaction vis-à-vis own and competitors’ performance on these attributes. Determine actionable strategies for improving customer satisfaction including communication strategies to increase relevance of attributes where you are performing well. Determine what drives customer loyalty and word of mouth. The satisfaction-loyalty matrix – what percentage of your satisfied customers are also loyal? What percentage of loyal customers are actually satisfied? What are the key attributes of these segments?
- Usage and Attitude (U&A) Studies: Understand consumer usage of the product category and attitudes towards consumption. Get insights on parameters like usage frequency, occasions of usage, weekly/seasonal patterns, lifestyle choices and attitudes influencing usage. This helps you better position your marketing messages and organizing your marketing efforts.
- Brand Strength and Brand Perception Research: Understand where your brand stands vis-à-vis competitors on different parts of the brand funnel – awareness, consideration, MOUB, commitment (willingness to pay a premium). Determine relative brand perceptions on different hard and soft attributes and understand any necessary shifts in brand positioning for competitive advantage. Band Image, brand personality and communication strategies. Track competitive brand equity over time using our web-based dashboards.
- Market Segmentation: Want to understand who your target segment is or how different market segments have different needs, attitudes and behavior and how you can adapt your offerings for different segments? What should be your marketing communication strategy for different segments? Are you thinking of a different offering for a premium segment? How should you target the different attitudinal and behavioral segments and reach them with differentiated offerings? Do different attitudinal and behavioral segments have different demographics? Alternatively, how can we understand your target demographic better?
- Packaging Research/ Product Placement: Place products with customers and get feedback before and after consumption on packaging, appearance and detailed usage attributes. Especially useful for FMCG products. Use pre-post consumption comparisons, understand how detailed product attributes and packaging interact to give rise to overall liking for the product. Fine-tune product attributes like smell and taste parameters using “just right” measurements.
- Pricing Research: Especially useful for new product/service offerings, understand prices that the market will bear, consumer willingness to pay for product, measure price elasticity (how demand is likely to change with changes in prices), derive optimal pricing for your product.
- Product Configuration/Bundling: Use survey based choice experiments to decide on product configuration and concomitant pricing. Which product/service attributes are most important to consumers, how do consumers/end-users trade-off features for price, and what are the top-revenue maximizing product configurations? Use choice based survey designs or build-your-own (BYO) models to get your answers.
There may be situations where you want a customized piece of research that includes elements across the above solutions or where you want something very specific not covered by the broad standard solutions above. Let us know and we will be happy to work with you to work out a research plan that meets your specific needs.