Identifying and Profiling Core Loyal Segment
- The client; a North America-based research and analytics firm wanted HBG to carry out backend analysis on one of the surveys earlier conducted by them.
- The objective was to iteratively segment the US beer market until the core loyalty group for a particular brand of beer was identified. Once identified, the different characteristics of this core group were to be displayed through Quad maps.
- The project team, after conducting a detailed check on the data/documents of the existing processes and SPSS codes for Quad map generation, removed all redundancies in the process and integrated relevant filters into the code to generate data for the Quad maps.
- In stage I of the project, factors were extracted from the data by using attribute-based variables. Next, clustering was done based on the reduced set of those variables, which had the biggest loadings with the factors. Then, two measures of frequency were developed for beer use and customer loyalty.
- Finally, the existing and generated measures were plotted in the form of Quad Maps, allowing the client to measure the change in customer loyalty according to the inherent reasons for consuming that particular brand of beer.