IoT and Embedded OS Study
Our client, a USA based consulting firm wanted to understand the usage and adoption of IoT specific products and services by organizations globally.
- Sample – 130 unique discussions in multiple regions and across all the industries.
- Job Titles – Senior level IT executives responsible for planning or execution of technology projects within their organizations related to industrial operations, manufacturing or IoT/Embedded OS related initiatives, whether they be front-end consumer or back-end technology initiatives.
- Deliverable – Individual word transcripts of the discussions conducted along with the analysis of the gathered information via a presentation.
Approach & Methodology
- Primary research was conducted with senior IT executives. These were telephonic In-depth interviews in multiple languages.
- Information covered during the research via in-depth telephonic discussions included the types of IoT or Embedded OS deployed, reasoning behind the choice – their strengths and weaknesses, the types of processors used, third-party applications used, cloud services used to enable chosen OS platform along with a detailed discussion on the individual offerings within this domain.
Results & Findings
- Information gathered was shared with the client via word transcripts.
- A detailed competitive analysis of the IoT and Embedded OS providers was shared in a presentation format.
- Specific selection criteria for various organizations regarding choice of OS.