Our client, a global manufacturer of diagnostics equipment wanted to understand the current practices and trends in the in-vitro diagnostics area among hospitals and labs in APAC.
They also wanted to gain insights into how these trends affect the businesses by either helping or negating (whatever the case) the growth and the target of the business.
The required area of information was provided by the clients and the focus of the target study along with the questionnaire was devised by our HBG team. The questionnaire devised included a combination of closed and open-ended questions (both numeric and string).
High Beam Global proceeded with the study by undertaking 2 methods of market research survey apart from our qualitative market research:
- Telephonic Interviews
- Panel-Discussions (Online)
High Beam Global selected the respondents- senior experts in the field, lab administrators, and lab-owners with the following criteria
- The respondents with 5-10 years of minimum working experience in this field.
The information collected by these concerned respondents were related to the following aspects:
- The current practice particulars- current volumes, the extent of outsourcing, drivers of outsourcing tests, expected volume changes over the next 3 years in 3 diagnostic areas – Immunoassays, Clinical Chemistry, and Hematology.
- Equipment usage and trends – Models and manufacturers, nature of ownership of equipment – owned vs. rented, drivers of purchase decision making, expected in purchase over the next 3 years.
Target Regions and Methodology
A total of 6 countries from the APAC region were covered including more than interviews and panel discussions as a whole.
A total of 400 unique interviews were conducted with the lab owners, administrators, and decision-makers across different sizes and verticals.
The average duration of each interview was approximately 25-30 minutes long including the information collected of the trends adoption rate and decision-making factors related to it.
Results & Deliverables
The focus of the study was to conduct the telephonic interviews to gain accurate data and insights on the trends in the in-vitro diagnostics area among hospitals and labs in APAC.
We conducted a total of 400 unique telephonic interviews from 6 APAC countries. The results and deliverables included:
- The data from the survey was shared in the form of an Excel sheet.
- SPSS Custom tables were used to generate banner tabs for the different variables by type of facility – frequencies and mean scores (for driver importance) were tabulated.
- The tables were discussed with the client for the main insights.
- Verbatim open ends were coded for major categories.
- A detailed PowerPoint presentation was created around the information areas mentioned earlier with cuts by type of facility.
- The key drivers of outsourcing and new equipment purchase were ranked by means.
Our reports and insights also included the summary of the interviews and discussions providing the major concerns and pain-points from the perspective of the senior experts in the field, lab administrators, and lab-owners.