Our client, a leading manufacturer of diagnostic equipment wanted to conduct a market research assignment to understand the present situation in clinical microbiology and specifically bacterial identification/ antibiotic susceptibility testing.
High Beam Global proceeded with the study by undertaking 2 methods of market research survey apart from our qualitative market research:
- Telephonic Interviews
- Panel-Discussions (Online)
High Beam Global selected the respondents- Lab Managers, Lab Directors, and Microbiologists with the following criteria:
- The respondents specializing in the field of lab management with a minimum experience of 10 years or more.
- The managers and experts associated with top organizations and brands in this field.
- The type of system they work with (automated/non-automated)
- Their role in the choice of instrument purchase
- Brands they were aware of in bacterial identification/AST testing and their level of experience with brands.
The surveys were conducted in the following 7 major regions:
- Sri Lanka
- The UK and the US
Results & Deliverables
We conducted a total of 250 telephonic interviews along with in-depth interviews with experts from 7 major regions, all unique in nature.
Our survey included all the important questions that resulted in the insights being appropriate and proper as per the client’s requirements.
The deliverables included:
- Word transcripts
- An executive summary of the findings
The market research study helped the client in understanding the awareness, market size, features, and procurement people take into consideration for respective brands and the competitor’s brand too.