Our client, one of the leading brands of pharmacy and drugs wanted to get insights on the Colitis disease along with its market reach, treatments, and preferable brands of drugs present in India.
They wanted a survey to be conducted in order to gain insights on the facilities provided to the patients suffering from colitis and its affordability as per the patient’s suitability. Another concern was to get information on the leading brands in the Colitis market.
High Beam Global proceeded with the study by undertaking 2 methods of market research survey apart from our qualitative market research:
- Telephonic Interviews
- Panel-Discussions (Online)
High Beam Global selected the respondents-doctors, patients, and chemists/wholesalers with the following criteria:
For the Doctors:-
- Doctors specializing in the field of colitis treatment with a minimum experience of 10 years or more.
- The doctors associated with top hospitals in this field.
- The doctors who receive 10 new cases of colitis every month.
The survey was conducted by getting the information from the selected doctors on the following points-
- How many patients come to you via reference, how many of them are direct patients, etc.
- What molecules do you prescribe for the treatment or what molecules according to you suit best for extreme cases and mild cases?
- What tests are performed that prove the patient is diagnosed with colitis.
- Cost of treatment
- What as per the doctor is an accurate measure of diet, exercise, products that helps in curing the disease
- From which companies do the medical representatives often visit the doctor and updates him time to time of the products along with its appropriate information.
The survey conducted of the patients suffering from colitis included the following questions-
- Cost of treatment with its affordability.
- If the facility for colitis treatment is available in the city of the patient’s residence.
- The percentage of patients who completed the course and the ones who left the course in between.
- The reasons to quit the course in between.
The survey of the chemists or wholesalers included the questions-
- Which brand of the drug for colitis treatment is most preferable in your area
- From which companies do the medical representatives often visit the chemists or wholesalers.
The surveys were conducted in the following cities of India with 10 telephonic discussions from every region-
- Delhi NCR
Results & Deliverables
We conducted a total of 10 telephonic discussions from 5 major cities of the country which makes up to 50 discussions in total. Our survey included all the important questions that resulted in the insights being appropriate and proper as per the client’s requirements.
Our reports and insights also included the summary of the discussions providing the major concerns and pain-points from the perspective of the patients, doctors, and chemists.