Case Study 1- Electric Vehicle Ecosystem Curation
- Client & Objective
Our client is a leading management consulting firm and they wanted to understand the conceptual design, drivers, incentives, and impact of ecosystems within manufacturing organizations.
Sample: 15 IDI's
The main focus area of the discussion involved the electric vehicle ecosystem which included Plug-in electric cars, hybrid electric cars, commercial electric vehicles, electric buses, and electric motorcycles & scooters and excluded Electric trains and hydrogen vehicles. The target audience were-
- Vehicle Manufacturer (OEM): Original Equipment Manufacturers and their supply chain, including component suppliers, distributors, etc.
- Infrastructure Provider (IP): EV infrastructure providers including power utilities, charging stations, electricity producers, power network providers, etc.
- Battery Technology Supplier (BTS): Battery manufacturers and their supply chain, including component suppliers, research & development providers, etc.
- Government and Regulator (GR): Government agencies and regulators including policy makers, industry consortia, standards developers, state and federal (central for India) governments, industry associations, etc.
- Job Roles Targeted:
- Experts like Research & Development Heads, Head of Manufacturing, Head of Design / Production, CEO Manager / Senior Managers, Directors and above were targeted
- The respondents who were targeted were from the organizations that had to be a part of an electric vehicle ecosystem or have initiated efforts to join /establish such an ecosystem.
- Targeted Regions: United States and India
- Approach/Methodology & Key information Covered
Our team screened valid participants using 3 step validation process:-
- Search and shortlist executives as per the required criteria using internal database and other sources such as LinkedIn, ZoomInfo, D&B Hoovers etc.
- Screen executives using water-tight screening criteria/questions over the phone before conducting the IDI.
Our team of analysts conducted 15 IDI’s after ensuring and validating relevant participants and covered below key data points during their discussion:-
- The major drivers, inhibitors, and threats to an EV ecosystem.
- The expected value levers and incentives facilitation ecosystem orchestration.
- The technology, people, and process investments that are needed to make an electric vehicle ecosystem successful
- Results and Deliverable
- Our team shared daily updates including respondent descriptive profiles along with voice files for each telephonic discussion for our clients review and reference.
- Summary of interviews included all key information areas highlighted as per as per our client's requirements and formatting.
- Also, word transcripts were shared with the client which included all the responses discussed in the IDI