Case Study 1 – Retail Supply Chain Study
- Client & Objective
Our client is a non-profit organization specializing in benchmarking studies. They wanted to understand the supply chain processes focusing on retail organizations across the globe. Also, there was major focus on the cost structure for supply chain management within retail companies
- Specifications and Requirements
Our team were required to conduct a total of 365 telephonic discussions across the globe in order to collect insightful data for our client to better understand the planning, procuring, delivering and warehousing process and their strategies within retail companies.
- Job Roles Targeted:
Supply chain managers and above:
Supply chain managers of retail organizations with a revenue at the entity level of More than 50 Million and a global revenue of 500 Million and above.
Must be at a decision maker in terms of supply chain operations.
- Targeted Countries: North America, EMEA, Europe and APAC countries.
- Target Industry: Retail companies with a sub industry category of:
- Apparel and accessories
- Department stores
- Drugstore and personal care
- General goods
- Grocery and food
- Home and Do-it-yourself
- Other specialty
- Approach/Methodology & Key information Covered
Our team screened valid participants using 2 step validation process:-
- Search and shortlist executives as per the required criteria using internal database and other sources such as LinkedIn, ZoomInfo etc.
- Screen executives using the screening criteria/questions over the phone with respect to the revenue, involvement and knowledge with regards to the supply chain management practices
Our team of analysts conducted 365 telephonic interviews after ensuring and validating relevant participants and covered below key data points during their discussion:-
- Understand the planning, procuring, delivering and warehousing processes and their strategies.
- Understand the cost structure for supply chain management within retail companies.
- Understand the stock keeping units, inventory turn rates for online as well as store orders within retail organizations.
- Peer to peer comparison of management of different supply chain functions and physical and online retail stores.
- Results and Deliverable
- Our team delivered the responses for each interview in the form of a data file in an excel format.
- Our team shared weekly updates which included all the details of the companies.